I do know that Korah is in Ethiopia. I do know that it is a place that no human being would choose to live in if they had a choice. Here are a few facts that I borrowed from another blogger's page (she recently went to Korah and has been forever changed).
A few facts about Korah:
- Korah in Amharic means "cursed".
- 75 years ago the Ethiopian government moved everyone with leprosy to this area of Addis Ababa.
- Approximately 100,000 people live in the slums of Korah - the "outcasts" of society.
- The city dump is located in Korah.
- The people, both adults and children, spend their days digging through the dump searching for anything to eat or sell.
- God is alive and well in Korah thanks to Pastor Sammy Liben and Project 61 Ministries. They have started an education sponsorship program for the children of Korah.
So, anyways, back to my point....Wes mentions that he wants to sponsor another child, and that very same day I am looking at this website asking for sponsors for children in Korah. Ummm....yeah...I think we have a winner. I told him about Project 61 (well, the little I have learned in the last couple of days), and after about a second of thinking about it, we were both on board. We have already been praying for ways that God can use us to further His Kingdom, so we didn't really feel like we needed to pray more about it. This was one such way. So I encourage all of you to check it out, and ask God if He is asking you to stretch yourselves financially, in order to make a HUGE impact in the lives of children in Ethiopia and beyond. It might hurt a little, but I think God wants us to go beyond what's comfortable. He wants us to live radical lives for Him. If you haven't already, start asking Him what being radical looks like in your lives. Be prepared, though. If you ask, He will answer, and you better be prepared to be obedient. That's the hard part for us human beings. ;)
If you want to learn more about sponsoring a child in Korah, go here.
If you want to see a little more about life in Korah, please watch this video. It might just rock your world.
And one more thing...If you have been to Korah, and want to tell me more, leave me a comment, or even email me at email@example.com
I want to know more!