Saturday, October 9, 2010

One Month Ago Today...

One month ago, today, we received one of the most amazing phone calls of our lives....our referral call.  And on that call, we were told that not just one, but TWO beautiful babies were going to become a part of our forever family.  I cried the ugliest cry ever all day long, as is evidenced on our referral video.  I've been told it's difficult to watch without crying yourself....I'm just sayin'....it's a tear-jerker.  ;)

So here we are a month later, and life goes on as usual, but with a new anticipation and outlook on life.  We are scared and thrilled all in the same breath.  Scared, because it has been just the two of us for the last 7 years and we know nothing about being parents!  Thrilled, because it has been just the two of us for 7 years, and we can't wait to have two miracles join our forever story.

Now, we are just waiting on a court date (which looks like it might be around Christmas time), so we can go say "YES" to the Ethiopian courts, and meet our precious son and daughter for the first time in person.  What an amazing day that will be....

And for now, I will reminisce, and leave you with a reminder of the joy this beautiful adoption process has brought us.  If you haven't seen it, grab a tissue.  You're about to see God's heart unleashed in our lives in a seriously tangible way...

7 comments:

  1. You are so right with being scared and thrilled. No one is ever prepared or ready to have babies when they have never had them before, but... you are always ready and you will be so thrilled when they come to your home. It is all about love, it truely is. They are already your children in your heart and when they are with you your lives will be complete.
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, for the record, it's a beautiful cry. In fact it's stunningly beautiful. Ugly would have been rolling around on the ground, kicking your feet and rubbing dirt in your hair. :o)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. I was bawling my eyes out! I'm a new viewer.... found your blog from malodorousmesses. And btw, just as the other viewers have written, you are a wonderful crier. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Anonymous"-thank you so much! I'm SO glad you found us. We love sharing our hearts and our story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina,

    I was a bridesmaid in Emiley Evans' (Royster now!) wedding and remember you speaking of adoption when Em was waiting to get her hair done. I am so incredibly happy for you. You are so blessed and I hope your journey only gets better and better. I know I don't know you very well but my experience with you was wonderful and when I hear your name around town I only have wonderful things to say about you, your husband, and your gorgeous photography. I wish you many more wonderful moments. Congratulations Wes and Nina. I can't wait to see photos of your beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you both. God truly works miracles and you two are perfect examples of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! We have two cuties from Ethiopia ourselves. :) What fun you will have with TWINS!

    ReplyDelete