Thursday, September 23, 2010

2 weeks ago Today....

I can hardly believe that already two weeks have gone by since we got the amazing call. We have gone through so many emotions.

And today I feel like I am walking on cloud nine. We somehow managed to get someone living in Ethiopia to visit our babies. This is a snippet of what she wrote.

"They are both incredibly precious. When we first got there (I was with a friend) we each picked one of them up and Alex was smiles ear to ear. He has such a sweet personality and likes to smile at you and giggle. Elli was definitely a little shy and quiet at first but after holding her for a little while she warmed up and started talking and smiling a lot. I definitely kissed all over both of them for you. We put them in their new clothes and showed them your pictures---the caregivers there seem really warm and loving.

When we put them in the same bed to take their picture together they started holding hands which was precious and you can see in one of the pictures.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to wait for them but they are worth waiting for as I am sure that you know. I hope the pictures & video are just a small gift for you in the waiting. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do!"

Yeah....I cried through the whole email.  There were pictures! And THEN there was VIDEO!!! I couldn't believe it! I wish I could show you the video. I truly do. It is only 13 seconds long, but it is the most beautiful 13 seconds I have ever witnessed.

Look at those beautiful hands!  I love that they are holding hands!

I can't even begin to express what all this feels like.  The day we got "the call" telling us that we had twins, the emotions and excitement were overwhelming.  But as the news settled in, I started to wonder if I would be able to love them without even meeting them.  I mean, I have loved them before I even saw their faces, but now that the reality of an actual referral had come, I couldn't help but wonder if I would be able to grow that love.  Well, let me tell you....it is happening.  I feel like my insides are about to bust open with all the love that is filling up in me for these two precious babies.  I am utterly in love, and I haven't even held them in my arms yet.  I can't even BEGIN to fathom what that love will feel like as it continues to grow, and we bring them home, and get to know one another.  What I DO know is that these children belong to us, and we belong to them.  And I've said it before, but I must say again, that if you have not caught the adoption bug yet, you are missing out.  It will rock your world up and down, and a million times around.  IT.....IS.....AMAZING. 

So last week Wes and I tried to start a registry at Babies R Us.  Yeah....we failed miserably.  We started trying to use that scanner, and we realized that we knew nothing about babies and their needs.  So instead, the next day I enlisted my friends, Andrea & Aimee to help.  They both have children, and Andrea even has twin boys!  So the three of us returned to register for all the baby goodies we'll need. And let me just say again, that I was totally clueless. Dr. Brown's bottles? Avent Bottles? Graco? Chicco? Combi? Side by side stroller, or tandem double stroller? Generic formula, or Similac? Pampers or Huggies? (I know all you parents out there were probably answering each question as you read along...go ahead and admit it) So it was a lot to figure out, but I am slowly learning.

Today, Aimee and I went to a huge consignment sale at a local church.  Wow.  Those bargain hunters are crazy!  They are out for a deal, and they will make sure they walk (or run) faster than you, in order to get it first.  I scored a changing table and some other goodies which you can see below.
Board books & Golden Books!

Tons of clothes.  Couldn't resist!

Ummm...LOVE these old school blocks!  One dollar!  And their names were already spelled out!  Okay, not really, but that would have been cool.  :)

So once again, this has all been amazing.  In a couple of weeks, we hope to hear when our court date will be.  Praying for a quick process!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!
    Lerato and I are all googly goos and such as we got your email. Watched it over and over.
    And my answer is:
    Pampers
    Good Start
    One kids strollers
    And Avent bottles...duh?!
    love you
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying again of joy and love. When are these tears of joy going to stop? They are just so beautiful and I love them already
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love this post. I love hearing all of the ways you are processing and adjusting and preparing. So much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!!!! I will NEVER FORGET the first time we got a video of Jordan from the transition home (THANK YOU ANGIE!!!!) There is something so unexplainably wonderful about seeing your sweet baby MOVE and not just sit still in a picture. Amazing. I hope you know it's ok to watch those 13 seconds over and over and over again . . . every single day. :) So excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete