Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dossier Complete!!! Again.

Yes, you read that correctly.  We have completed our dossier!  Yes, this our second dossier completion in about 6 months.  One for Nepal, and now one for Ethiopia.  My friend Angela thinks I should go into some kind of dossier business because apparently I'm a whiz with the paperwork.  lol.  Yeah right.  I can only contain one person's stress (my own), but not somebody else's.  So now it will head off to D.C. and then off to Ethiopia!  Woohoo!  I know...seriously exciting.

About a week ago I posted my gripe about Ohio, and its seriously SLOW processing of Wes's birth certificate.  Well, I put out a plea on facebook for anyone living in Columbus to pick it up for us.  I didn't really think anything would come of it, so I asked Wes if he thought I would be crazy to drive up that Friday and get it.  He said, "Yes," but was cool with it.  And then I checked my facebook messages at about 11:30 on Thursday night, and lo and behold, there was a message from someone saying they would pick it up for me, and also bring it to Lexington that very next day since they were coming in for Easter anyways.  So a shout out to sweet sweet Blythe, a girl I only met once when I was shooting her sister's wedding last summer.  It amazes me sometimes when people go out of their way for someone who's practically a stranger.  Thank you, Blythe!

So here I sit, with no more paperwork to do, and no more documents to obtain.  And once again, we wait....

Each day the anticipation grows greater.  It seems a little more real with each passing day.  Of course, once the dossier flies across the world to the wonderful continent of Africa, I'm sure the reality of it all will subside once again, as the waiting game truly kicks in again.

Right now, we are focusing on raising our funds.  We have raised almost all of our agency and foreign fees (just $1900 left!).  Next we need about $13,000 for our two trips to Ethiopia.  Seems like a lot, but I figure that God has gotten us this far, and He won't fail us now.  My friend and I figured today that if all of my 500+ facebook friends bought one t-shirt, we'd have almost all of our expenses covered.  Wow.  Wouldn't that be amazing?

Well, Cheerio... until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment